Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nocturnal Serenity


In the dead silence of the fading night,
When stray dogs are on scavenging spree,

I wonder in the feeble lamp light,
For nights, we thank the powers that be.

When the world's asleep, drowned in dreams,
Somewhere an an
alog kiss unravels a smile,
In a time minus chaos and deafening screams,
They walk down the love road, the cupid's mile.

Tiny pearls sprayed all over the black sky,
And the full moon floats amidst amorphous clouds,
When the zephyrs play with your entangled hair
,
By this cosmic harmony, my head is bowed
.

The haunting recurrence of the watchman's call,

The shrilling moan of the hungry canine,
The rythmic beating of a fulfilled heart,
When all it seems, the world is mine!

I switch off the lamp and the lovers now part,
The dogs scram away and the watchman yawns,
Its time for the birds and roosters' tart,
So beautiful was night, not so charming is dawn,

The moon snugs back into the horizon,

The lake glitters by the morning ray,

As the wheel of life is set in motion ,

I just wish I could have nights all day!

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. I wish I could someday experience what you have described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully
    written with the breathings of your heart
    !!!!!! :)
    Good one !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well mate I have always cherished and admired your writting skills as you write from the core and that the way it has to be otherwise there will be dreadful episodes of unwanted and creepy material.
    Nice blog too, loved the title!!
    CHEERS!!:)

    ReplyDelete